Sunday, March 13, 2011

What is freedom?

A google search for "What is freedom?" yielded 251,000,000 results in 0.09 seconds. Obviously way too many to sift through. Such an obscure topic to attempt to define. It is apparent that the answer to this question is not going to come from outside sources. Freedom is something everyone must discover for themselves. One must experience freedom to know what it is.

How do we know what freedom is when we have it? Is it the first time you drive anywhere by yourself? Your first time staying out past midnight? Maybe it's when your parents drop you off at college. Could it be more simple than that? Is it just that feeling when you're driving fast, windows down, music blaring? Complete independence.

I'm free when I decide not to care what anyone thinks. I'm free when I make decisions for myself. I'm free when I use my money for what I want. I'm free when I decide to be.

But what is freedom? 

No comments:

Post a Comment